Sunday, October 21, 2012

New RV "makeover" show to feature "Poison" singer

PHOTO BY MATT BECKER
CHEVY CHASE, MD- Bret Michaels, the former lead-singer to the "glam metal" group, Poison, has put down his microphone and picked up a new trade: Re-designing recreational vehicles on a new make-over TV show called "Rock My RV." Production starts for the eight half-hour series shows next month.

What has a rock-and-roller got to do with RVs? The Travel Chanel thinks that Michaels is just the guy to star in the new show. Michaels will lead up a group of skilled RV designers and fabricators who will transform run-of-the-mill RVs into "the most outrageous, badass, hooked-up mobile mansions on the road," according to a news release.

"For the past 25 years, Bret Michaels has spent at least nine months out of the year in a tour bus that he personally designs from top to bottom," said Andy Singer of the Travel Channel. "We couldn’t think of a better front man than Bret for the series. He lives and breathes life on the road and undoubtedly holds the record for most hours logged in a custom coach. Bret jumped at the chance to share his passion for travel and the RV experience through this fascinating, obsessive world of customizing RVs"

"Between touring and travelling, I spend a lot of time on the road and my tricked-out, custom coach is my home away from home," adds Michaels. "I crisscross the country and live in my tour bus, and I know how to take an RV from ordinary to extraordinary. I can’t wait to put my expertise to use and show people how to make their RVs rock."

The rocking will commence on your TV screen in 2013.

1 comment:

Jerry Coop said...

How do you get the show to use your RV, That would be a dream come true for me.

Thanks,

Jerry
coopauto1@windstream.net